Due to COVID-19, applicants will be interviewed remotely. And you can start working remotely due to COVID-19 if you get hired”
To present yourself best, download your free "Remote Interview Checklist" https://match-relevant.com/free-checklist
Interested in working for a company that is truly making the world a better place? We utilize technology to help educate the global masses. If you're an expert in infrastructure and systems engineering, we want you!
Overview of Role:
We are looking for a Systems Engineer that is enthusiastic about tackling unique and challenging, complex problems of scale. As a team member, strong understanding of infrastructure automation, private/public cloud hosting, network and storage engineering is required. You will work with every other engineering and operations throughout the process. You need to have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, be fluent in coding, and have good communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Act as a focal point for problem management and resolution in the support of the systems team
- Work closely with other technology team members and vendors to design and recommend the technical architecture of application software packages and infrastructure.
- Implement the roadmaps of server, storage and backup
- Automate workflows and processes
- Monitor servers and systems performance and capacity
- Able to troubleshoot any operating systems and utility software problems by using vendor documentations, on-line resources and support organizations etc.
- Continue to support systems tools to improve the efficiency of the data center, storage & tape management, security, automation and cloud
- Work with security engineers to translate the required actions and task for operating systems security, systems administration and prepare required information for systems audits
- Deploy the servers, storage, disaster recovery capacity plan as well as Data Center facility management plan
- Perform ad-hoc tasks when needed
- 5+ years in engineering or computer systems
- Operating system administration (e.g. Unix, Linux, OSX, and Windows)
- Configuration Management (e.g. Chef, puppet, ansible)
- Scripting (e.g. Python, PERL, Shell, Ruby)
- Virtual Environment technologies (e.g. VMWare, OpenStack, CloudStack)
- Cloud Environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Compute)
- High performance data storage solutions whether SAN, NAS, or Clustered (e.g. Isilon)
- Large-scale backup solutions and tape technologies (e.g. Quantum, NetBackup)
- Local and Networked File Systems (e.g. NFS, CIFS, AFP, DFS, NTFS, Hadoop)
- File Transport Solutions (e.g. Signiant, Aspera, SFTP)
- Application and Web Services ( e.g. Tomcat, Apache)
- Systems Toolsets and protocols (e.g. SNMP, Nagios, tcpdump)
- Systems Security (e.g. password domains, patch, monitoring)