Do you have a founder mindset, love the startup pace and want to grow your leadership skills?
We've built a marketplace that helps companies like Telsa, SpaceX, Apple fast track innovation when building hardware products. Millions of Hardware Engineers use our platform to create products used by millions of consumers.
The Role: You will lead and manage the software engineer team.
Tech stack: Most of our code is Python/Django/HTML/CSS and is running on Heroku, but we also have apps in other codebases like React and many APIs and external integrations.
- Own all software developed and maintained by the company as the primary point of contact internally and externally
- Work with the Product Managers and Project Managers to plan and execute sprints
- Manage and mentor developers to help them achieve their full potential. Advise on architecture and approaches.
- Write or review technical specs as needed.
- Track, analyze and improve engineering metrics (technical and performance metrics)
- Create an environment of continuous improvement and excellence
- Recruit and assess new candidates for the team
- Rally resources needed to execute successfully on projects
- 6+ years of senior software experience
- 2+ years of leadership and desire to lead teams
- Oversee integrations, analytics, devops, search, ads, API and ensuring best practices of sprint deployments etc.
- Desire to lead engineering team and tackle technical opportunities as they present themselves
- Proven ability to make good technical decisions (architecture, algorithms, etc.)
- Can bring clarity to ambiguous technical problems
- Understands the tradeoffs between short-term and long-term code implementations and when to use both approaches
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with exceptional responsiveness