Due to COVID-19, applicants will be interviewed remotely. And you can start working remotely due to COVID-19 if you get hired”
To present yourself best, download your free "Remote Interview Checklist" https://match-relevant.com/free-checklist
Have a desire to join one of L.A.'s fastest growing Startup? If you are looking to join an In-house role on the team of Corporate Counsel let's chat. To learn details of what the founders are looking for schedule a call here: https://calendly.com/jake-villarreal/calendar
The Associate Corporate Counsel will play an integral role, supporting the legal function in a variety of corporate legal matters including corporate governance, data privacy, and commercial transactions.
- Manage corporate transactional work including collaborating with outside counsel on financings, investor and shareholder relations, mergers and acquisitions; and other general corporate governance matters.
- Conduct research and provide legal advice to internal stakeholders on compliance with US federal and state privacy laws and regulations pertaining to personal data processing, information security, breach notification rules, and company privacy notices, with a particular emphasis on the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Manage state and federal legal entity filings, registrations, and business licenses
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of agreements
- 3-5 yeas of experience as a licensed attorney for a law firm or in-house corporate counsel with a focus on data privacy and corporate governance and transactional matters, preferably for B2C software and technology businesses.
- Member of the California Bar or eligible to become Registered In-House Counsel in California.
- Ability to develop creative and balanced solutions to a complex and regulated business.
- JD required, bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred.