Do you love optimizing systems, processes and platforms? We are solving a massive problem while building a new communications platform. We love people who have challenged the status quo, disrupt industries and have built great things in the cloud. To learn details of what the founders are looking for schedule a call here: https://calendly.com/jake-villarreal/calendar
As a Systems Engineer, you will join a fun and growing engineering team contributing to build out our communications platform. You’ll be working very closely with both Operations and Engineers. We are a fluid team that prioritizes based on the needs of our stakeholders, of which there are many.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure, report unusual activity
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Work with developers to enable, support, and secure third-party integrations
- Actively look for security vulnerabilities in our application and network, reporting issues and describing possible solutions.
- Stay up to date with security news, keeping an eye out for the latest vulnerabilities and remedies emerging in the field.
- Strong background in Linux/UNIX (Debian/Ubuntu, AWS Linux)
- Strong scripting experience (ie. Bash, Python, or Go)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, preferably with multiple AWS offerings
- Information Security best practices, particularly in the context of AWS
- Experience with configuration management & automation (Ansible, Cloudformation, Terraform, etc.)
- Monitoring and Metrics gathering (Splunk, Prometheus, CloudWatch, Nagios)
- Familiarity with Linux Containers and Virtualization (Docker, LXC, KVM)
- Knowledgeable in networking protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, IPSEC, etc.)
- Strong interest in learning new and emerging technologies
- General experience with RDBMS (Access Control, Administration, Tuning, etc.)